Who We Are?
The Canadian Ski Patrol (CSP), a national volunteer charitable organization that provides safety and rescue services in ski areas and at non-skiing events across Canada.
· Number more than 4500 members coast to coast
· Are mostly Alpine skiers, boarders and Nordic skiers
· Range from 16 years old to 80+ years old
· Are men and women, students, and professionals from all walks of life and every level of society
· Volunteer time to help those in need during the winter at ski areas across Canada
· Provide volunteer first-aid services at many non skiing events throughout the summer
· Work with many other fund raising organizations to provide first-aid services for their events
· Work closely with all season resorts in providing year round services like mountain bike patrols
· An advanced first aid and rescue course like no other organization offers including:
· CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) and methods of evacuation from hostile terrain (ski areas) to the nearest paramedic ambulance
· Chair Lift evacuation procedures, and Automatic Electronic Defibrillator (AED) training, oxygen therapy techniques
· In mountainous regions, where avalanches can occur, we teach avalanche specific search and rescue techniques in conjunction with the CAA (Canadian Avalanche Association)
· Our courses provided by annually certified Canadian Ski Patrol instructor / trainers and are ski area specific.
Our volunteers benefit through:
· Receiving deals from the ski areas where we patrol
· Exchange programs between local, provincial, national and international organization, obtaining discounts on ski equipment and supplies AND
· Belonging to an organization where you can have lots of fun, make lifelong friendships and feel great about helping someone in need
For the time of your life… And maybe someone else's